have recently bought a new phone, I have a Maxis and Digi line, but my primary line is still Maxis which is for calling and receiving calls from friends and family. Sometimes, I do blog on the go, post some tweets and check the mail with the phone.
However, somehow I can’t get the Internet and data to work on the N95 with my Maxis line. I have already activated by 3G and GPRS data connection, have all the settings but it says “Packet Data : Connection Not Allow” when I am trying to connect to the Internet with 3G or EDGE GPRS.
I went to the Maxis service center and the people are noob, they just download the setting agains and asked me to wait for a text message contain the data setting, then restart my phone. I wait, the setting came, restarted and it’s still not working.
I get frustrated and called Maxis up. After some guidance from the lady, I am now able to connect to the Internet again. It’s pretty easy to edit the setting, it’s something to do with the connection setting on your phone.
- Press menu key.
- Go to Tools > Setting > Connection
- Scroll to the last one or just press up key. You will see APN control. A pop up message will appear “Connection restriction….”
- Press Option > Deactivate Restriction.
- PIN2 is 1234.
- When it’s says deactivated/inactive, restart your phone.
- Turn on again, surf the net now.
Pretty easy right? Try it now. If it does not work, call Maxis at 123. That’s what I always do.